The Net Wizard's Grimoire
This site contains more than 470 fan-created spells for the Ars Magica Fifth Edition game. Feel free to browse the spells through the menu on the right, or add your own!
(This is a Wiki; that means you can edit any page by simply pressing the "Edit" button below. Anyone can edit these pages, there is no need to register or provide a password. But please read the Adding New Content page before posting.)
The magic system of Ars Magica is widely considered the best magic system in any roleplaying game. It is extremely flexible, allowing to put into game mechanics nearly any effect in a clear and robust manner. The limit is only the player's imagination.
This is where this wiki comes in - as a place to show off the imagination of Ars Magica fans. Along the way we hope to collect great and refreshing ideas, compile a comprehensive repository of spells and lab texts, and build a good place to discuss and settle issues with problematic spells. www.bugth.com
Please browse the site, and edit it to add you wisdom. Only through your contributions can this wiki grow larger and better.
''Let us work together as one and grow hale and strong.''
-Bonisagus, the Hermetic Oath
More Than Just Spells!
In addition to holding hundreds of spells, this wiki also contains other fan-created entries such as indexes, virtues, and so on. We offer…
- Over 50 fan-created Virtues & Flaws.
- Several Enchantments.
- Links to Paraphernalia players and storyguides may find useful.
All these pages can be accessed through the menu on the right - they're at the lowest section.
If you like this wiki, there are some other places you might find interesting…
- Atlas Games is the company that makes Ars Magica. You'll find ArM downloads, resources, and the company's forums (including the forum's Grimoire thread) here.
- Project Redcap is the site collecting links to all Ars Magica sites on the web.
- Sanctum Hermeticum Revisited presents various Ars Magica resources, including spells, suggestions for variant and expanded rules, background articles, new creatures, example magi, a listing of sagas looking for players, and more.